Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What is Mac Unattended Support (beta)?
A: Mac Unattended Support (beta) allows GoToManage Remote Support technicians to install unattended access on Mac computers with OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or newer, just as they would do so on PCs.
Q: How can I opt in to the Mac Unattended Support beta program?
A: While Mac Unattended Support is a beta feature, it does not require you to opt in to use it. To download Unattended Support on a Mac, simply download the unattended installer as you usually would, and you will be prompted to select the Mac or Windows version of the installer.
Q: How do I download the Unattended Support on a Mac?
A: You can use either of the following methods to download the Mac unattended installer:
- Go to www.fastsupport.com/unattended on the customer’s computer and click Set Up Unattended Support.
- Log in to www.gotomanage.com, click Download the unattended installer in the Shortcuts menu on the Monitoring home page and click Download the Mac Installer.
Please note that it is not possible to set up Unattended Support on a Mac by using the Set up Unattended Support option on the Unattended Support drop-down menu while in an attended support session at this time. See the Remote Support Release Notes for more information on downloading the Mac unattended installer.
Q: I’m having trouble connecting to my Mac Unattended Support Machine; what should I do?
A: Since Mac Unattended Support is a beta feature, it may have occasional network issues. Try the following fixes if you cannot connect to your Mac Unattended Support Machine:
- Make sure that you are using the GoToAssist Expert application version 1.6, build 330 or newer; if you are using an older version, you will be unable to connect to the Mac Unattended Support computer. To upgrade to the newest build, exit out of the GoToAssist Expert application and then restart it, and it will automatically upgrade.
- If you are using the current build, try finding the Mac Unattended Support Machine on your list of Unattended Support Computers or in the Inventory list, and choose Reset Connection from the drop-down menu.
- If the previous steps fail to resolve your issue, try rebooting the Mac Unattended Support Machine.
Q: While in an Unattended Support Session with a Mac, my Viewer froze on a “Restarting Screen Sharing” message; what should I do?
A: Because Mac Unattended Support is a beta feature, this sometimes happens when the technician logs on or off the remote computer when in an Unattended Support Session with a Mac. To fix it, please end the current support session and start a new one.
Q: Are there any other known issues with setting up Unattended Support (beta) on a Mac?
A: If you use a standard user’s account to set up Unattended Support on a computer running Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), you will experience issues when using the Fast User Switching feature. To avoid this, use an admin account to set up Unattended Support (beta) on a Mac.